Advanced Google Analytics Training
Taking Analytics and tracking to the next level
- Learn advanced reporting and conversion measurement techniques.
- Learn more about event tracking and using Google Tag Manager.
- Learn specialised techniques for configuring analytics in a large scale situation.
- Learn the core skills to become a real master of Google Analytics.
What is covered on the Advanced Google Analytics Training
Within the Advanced Google Analytics training we cover the core skills to really master Google Analytics. These include:
Advanced Reporting Techniques
- Using advanced segments and custom dimensions to model different visitor types and their behaviours
- Building custom reports
- Using Google Analytics regular expressions (regex code) in filters, segments and searches
- Building Automated dashboards in Google Sheets
- Segmenting users by visitor age, gender, interests, industry and more, using Advertising Features
- Setting up In-page analytics to enable data overlays
- What is attribution modelling ?
- Understanding multi-channel funnel reporting
- Different attribution models; examples and use cases
Advanced Conversion Measurement Techniques
- Measuring e-commerce activity and capturing purchase information
- Capturing off-line conversions using the Google measurement protocol
- Integrating with Google AdWords
- Importing cost data from other platforms
- Adding your own data and Dimension Widening with Custom Dimensions & Custom Metrics
Event Tracking and Using Google Tag Manager
- What is Google Tag Manager and when/why to use it
- Setting up Google Analytics tracking via Google Tag Manager
- Capturing GA Client ID and using it to understand conversion behaviour
- Tracking events using Google Tag Manager
- Tracking downloads, link clicks and video using event tracking
Advanced Configuration Topics
- Subdomain tracking and cross-domain tracking
- Measuring content sharing using social interaction tracking
- Analysing website speed
- How and why to set up Roll Up Accounts
- The structure of Google Analytics Cookies
- Tracking authenticated users (logins) across devices
- Filtering bots, spiders and spam traffic
Migrating to Universal Analytics
- The differences between Universal Analytics and Google Analytics
- Migrating to Universal Analytics
Further Resources to Support you After the Training
- Google Tag Assistant & WASP.Inspector
- Getting a Google Analytics certification
- Google Analytics / Tag Manager resources on the web
- Google Analytics reading and literature
Advanced Google Analytics Training Logistics
- This is a one-day training.
- The training day runs from 9:00 – 5:00 with short breaks and a lunch break during the day.
- Everyone who attends will need a laptop to work on. (We can provide a laptop for the day if you do not have one.)
- We provide lunch and cold and hot drinks during the day.
- Maximum of 8 delegates per training to ensure you get individual attention and to give us time to work with you on your own keywords and website.
- All delegates will receive a copy of the training manual.
Who Is This Training For?
The ODM Advanced Google Analytics training is designed for people who are technical and responsible for, or interested in, setting up and maintaining a reliable Google Analytics account.
Your trainer will show you how to configure and maintain your account so that it runs in the optimum way for your organisation.
What previous attendees have said about the Advanced Google Analytics training
Fantastic! I would never have believed that i could start from scratch and have a site close to being ready to go live in just 1 day.
A fantastic day – I very quickly went from thinking building a website was scary to exploring, designing, building a site that looks great and is nearly ready to go live!
Thank you. You’ve helped me make a home for my photography.
About the Trainer.
The Advanced Google Analytics training is lead by Simon Wallace-Jones. Simon is Google Certified consultant in Google Analytics, he has been involved in major Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager implementations and has been the resident trainer for SEO and Analytics at Oxford University since 2012, so you are in safe hands.
Simon always works on making the day as fun and effective as possible and will work you in particular on the specifics of your use of Google Analytics.
Cost: £425.00 + VAT
Need to train a team?
All our courses can be tailored and delivered in-house to teams of people (5+). Call us on +44(0)1865 57 59 55 or click here to contact us.