Imperial College Google Analytics Fundamentals (via Zoom)
Learn how to make Google Analytics reveal your most valuable comms
- Practical Google Analytics training delivered via Zoom sessions.
- Develop a measurement model to frame how you use Google Analytics.
- Learn how to see which marketing activities generate the best results.
- Learn how to segment visitors to reveal more insights.
- Learn an effective routine for Google Analytics.
What we will cover on the Imperial College Google Analytics Fundamentals Training (via Zoom)
This specially commissioned training will help you look at Google Analytics reports and relate them back to your department or faculty. It will cover what you could be tracking and how to make your web marketing work effectively & economically.
Core Skills and Concepts
- Developing a measurement model for your website
- What the primary metrics mean
- Types of reports and graphs
- Using shortcuts, exporting data and emailing charts
- An introduction to developing dashboards
- Using secondary dimensions to further analyse results
- Using built-in system segments
Key reports to understand your Primary Traffic Sources
- Organic search traffic
- Paid search traffic
- Referral traffic
- Measuring content sharing using social interaction tracking
- Using tracking links via Google’s URL Builder
- Shortening the Links
Primary Ways to Filter Results in Analytics
- Customising your own segments
- Implementing filtering by excluding results altogether
Tracking Conversions: Goals & Funnel
- Clarifying which metrics to monitor
- Setting up Goals & Funnels
Introduction to Google Tag Manager
- What Google Tag Manager helps you track in Google Analytics
- How to configure some basic settings in Google Tag Manager
Understanding User Behaviour
- Top Pages and best content
- Reporting on user interactions with events
- Analysis of Landing Pages
- Viewing detailed user behaviour
- In-Page analytics
- Visitor Flow
Advanced Reporting Techniques
- Using advanced segments to model different visitor types and their behaviours
- Tracking visitor age, gender, interests, industry and more, using Advertising Features
- Setting up In-page analytics to enable data overlays
- This training will be delivered over 4 x 2-hour Zoom sessions run over 4 weeks.
- Each week we will deliver 1 x 2-hour online training session.
- The training sessions will be run from 10:00 – 12:00 with a 5-minute break at 11:00 am.
The training sessions will be held via Zoom in June & July 2020 on the following dates and times:
Tuesday 30th June from 10.00 -12.00
Tuesday 7th July from 10.00-12.00
Tuesday 14th July from 10.00-12.00
Tuesday 21st July from 10.00-12.00
- Once you successfully register you will receive an invitation to each session via a meeting invite.
- At each training session, you will receive PDF copies of slides and training materials to refer back to.
- NB: You will need to make sure you have Google Analytics set up on your site before attending. If you do not have any data in your Google Analytics account, you can use the default Google account.
Who is the Google Analytics Training for?
The Imperial College Google Analytics Training is for:
- Anyone who wants an introduction to the fundamentals of Google Analytics.
- Anyone who has Google Analytics on their site, however, has never known how to really use it properly.
- NB: Prior knowledge of Google Analytics is not required however candidates should have at least navigated the Google Analytics dashboard and viewed the various reports on offer.
- NB: You will need to make sure you have Google Analytics set up on your site before attending.
- If you do not have any data in your Google Analytics account, you can use the default Google account.
About the Trainer.
The training is lead by Simon Wallace-Jones. Simon is Google Certified consultant in Google Analytics, he has been running Digital Marketing training all over the world since 1997 and has specialised in Analytics training at various universities including Imperial College & Oxford University since 2012, so you are in safe hands.
Simon always works on making the sessions as fun and effective as possible and will work with you in particular on the specifics of your use of Google Analytics.