Search Engine Optimisation Training
Learn to implement the same process we use with clients
- Practical, one-day training.
- Learn what you need to do to help your web pages get found in Google.
- Plan your optimisation by knowing how search engine algorithms work.
- Taught by our own in-house expert who will share practical experience, insights and tips.
- Past students experience great success by implementing what they learn.
What is covered on the Search Engine Optimisation Training
Within the Search Engine Optimisation training we cover the fundamentals that are needed to be successful. These include:
Search Engine Optimisation
- The indicators Google looks at to rank your pages
- How to choose the best keywords to lead the best prospective customers straight to your website
- How to get lots of pages from your website showing in Google
- How to set-up your pages so the search engines will love them
- How to push your pages up the rankings by building links back to them
- How to optimise your page content
- Examples of good and bad on-page optimisation
- Optimising on-page content and metadata
- Duplicate content control
- Link structure
- Link popularity and Google PageRank principles
- Good sources to explore
- Good and bad link building techniques
Search Engine Technical
- Search engine bots and algorithms
- Webmaster tools and xml site maps
- How to include and exclude web-pages form the search engines
- How to safely migrate a website and not lose your ranking
Search Engine Optimisation Training Details
- This is a one day training.
- The training day runs from 9:00 – 5:00 with short breaks and a lunch break during the day.
- Everyone who attends will need a laptop to work on. (We can loan a PC for the day if you do not have one.
- We provide lunch and tea, coffee and biscuits during the day.
- Maximum of 8 delegates per training to ensure you get individual attention and to give us time to work with you on your own keywords and website.
- All delegates will receive a copy of the training manual.
- Before the training day we provide you with some videos to watch and some software to download and install on your PC’s.
Who Is This Training For?
The ODM Search Engine Optimisation training is designed for business owners, marketers and web site builders who want to know how to improve their ranking in organic search engine results.
Ideally attendees should have an existing website and be able to edit web page content via a content management tool.
Others may be working with SEO agencies and/or have an in-house team and want to gain further insight into managing SEO suppliers.
Once you complete the Search Engine Optimisation training you will know how to:
- Optimise the web pages you control to rank well in the search engines
- Choose the bet keywords for your business
- Perform competitor analysis
- Control which pages the search engines include and exclude
- Implement best practice SEO web design, copywriting and site architecture
- Create a detailed brief for an SEO agency or web design agency
- Choose the best approaches for running your SEO campaigns
- Carry out effective link building and off-page optimisation
- Choose between outsourcing your SEO versus keeping it in-house
What previous attendees have said about the SEO Fundamentals training.
I found ODM’s SEO course very informative and highly relevant to what we are trying to achieve. I would definitely recommend them and will almost certainly call upon their expertise in the future.
The ODM SEO training was hugely insightful and gave me all the relevant tools to help improve SEO, not only for the company I represent, but also for my clients.
ODM help business owners to see the way through the online jungle and give a structural and well-thought out learning experience.
The one day training workshop on SEO fundamentals was hugely informative for finding out ways to improve our website. I would highly recommend any entrepreneur booking one of these courses. We will definitely be in touch with ODM for more tips and advice.
I was expecting a course about the theory of SEO. I left with a personal plan and actual SEO ideas for my own site – it exceeded my expectations.
About the Trainer.
The SEO training is lead by Simon Wallace-Jones. Simon has been running Digital Marketing trainings all over the world since 1997 and has been the resident trainer for SEO and Analytics at Oxford University since 2012 so you are in safe hands.
Simon always works on making the day as fun and effective as possible and will work you in particular on the specifics of your website.
Cost: £425.00 + VAT
Need to train a team?
All our courses can be tailored and delivered in-house to teams of people (5+). Call us on +44(0)1865 57 59 55 or click here to contact us.