WordPress One-to-One Training
The quickest way to start your WordPress website
- One-to-one session to get your WordPress website off to a flying start.
- Make fundamental decisions about your hosting, theme and plugins with the guidance of an expert.
- Complete the hardest part of your website build so you can concentrate on the content.
- Save wasting time by making rookie mistakes so you get your site up and running by the shortest route.
- Are you frustrated because you can’t update your current website on your own without going to someone else?
- Is your current website in need of an update?
- Do the updates to your existing web-site just take too long because you have to get someone else to do them?
- Do you think that implementing a blog on your existing website might be a major project?
- Do you want to be able to create a number of small micro-sites to promote different aspects of your business?
If any of these are true for you then WordPress is a great choice for building the next version of your website.
- WordPress makes controlling the content of a website easy. It can be done by you, or someone in your team, because the Admin area in WordPress is both intuitive and powerful.
- WordPress gives you the tools to build and manage your site easily with all the modern features that the best sites in the world have available.
- WordPress is free, open source and has a giant community around it so you’ll always be in good hands. WordPress has changed the face of publishing content on the web, and we are all reaping the benefits.
We have been involved in implementing Web sites and building content management systems since 1996, we can confidently say that WordPress is a great choice.
If you want to migrate your site to WordPress then you have two primary approaches you can take:
- Pay someone to do it for you. This will likely start at £1,000 – £2,500 depending on the complexity of your site
- Come on our WordPress Training and Coaching Programme and do it for yourself !
There are three stages to this WordPress training and coaching programme.
The purpose of Stage 1 is to help you sort out where the site will be hosted and how you will implement the design you are looking for.
Before you start the actual training, by watching a video and discussing with us we will guide you through:
- Choosing and arranging hosting for your new web site (this might be at an existing hosting company if appropriate)
- Narrowing down which Theme you will use to control your Web site design
This involves spending half a day to a day together (depending on how complex your objectives are) in a structured workshop where we will guide you through getting your website set-up. By the end of the session you will have set-up your website. You may not have finished the content but it will be accessible on the web and be looking like you want it to look.
Below are the areas we will cover in this session.
- Installing WordPress at your hosting company
- Setting up the most Search Engine Friendly URL structure
- Hiding your site from the search engines while you build it.
Adding Content to your web-site
- Adding special pages (e.g.contact us, home, about us, directions etc).
- Creating posts (if you plan to use the blogging side of WordPress)
- Creating your menu structure
- Adding images to pages
- Adding video to pages
This stage involves you working on your newly created website adding new pages, fleshing out the content of pages and making sure the design elements are what you want. Once you are happy with the site we are there to support you through the steps to launch the site to the search engines and the world. This involves:
Setting your site live
- Switching over domain
- Installing Google Analytics
- Securing your site
- Setting up Backup
Maintaining your site
- Checking for broken links
- Managing comments
- Updating WordPress
- Updating plug-ins
Details about your WordPress Training
The training takes the form of a main session together at our training centre in Oxford with pre and post implementation support via video and telephone.
You will work with Simon Wallace-Jones who has 20 years of experience implementing Web sites and has been working with people to implement WordPress Web sites since 2008.
Who is the WordPress Training for?
The WordPress Training and Coaching Programme appeals to a wide variety of people who want to build an excellent Website in WordPress themselves.
- Small business owners who want to migrate their Web sites across to WordPress.
- Marketing managers who wanted to set up a blog for the company.
- Marketing consultants who wanted to develop a new stream of income building WordPress Web sites.
- Website developers who wanted to learn how to build Web sites in WordPress
What attendees have said about this training:
Also check out the websites they built.
Fantastic! I would never have believed that i could start from scratch and have a site close to being ready to go live in just 1 day.
A fantastic day – I very quickly went from thinking building a website was scary to exploring, designing, building a site that looks great and is nearly ready to go live!
Thank you. You’ve helped me make a home for my photography.