Any time someone mentions your business, competitors or a product you sell or a trend in your market on Twitter you can know about it using Twitter Search. If you are not familiar with Twitter Search watch this video for a brief overview of Twitter Search
Here are some ways you could use Twitter Search to help your business.
1. Search for keywords related coupons in your market or niche e.g. try searching for pc coupon or coffee coupon and look at the results. By adapting your search term you can track things going on in your area of business.
2. Feed saved searches into your preferred RSS reader to read them at a convenient time.
3. Establish the hash tags for your business domain and monitor them closely.
4. If you have a local business, then you can look for tweets within your geographic location. For example if you own a restaurant in the Boston area, you might be interested in following what people in Boston are saying about your industry.
5. Watch what your competition is saying on Twitter (either by name or by geography & keyword e.g. Oxford financial