Earlier this week Google released some videos on how to build Google Analytics dashboards using Google’s spreadsheets. We regularly get asked by clients using Google Analytics how they can make their weekly analysis process easier. With this approach you can literally build dashboards which you can access from your smart-phone with zero programming skills. Can I recommend you take a look?
Introduction to Google Spreadsheets Analytics Add-On
Add-ons allow you to extend Google Sheets by automating common tasks and integrating with external services. The Google Analytics Spreadsheet Add-on allows you to pull your Google Analytics data, right into a spreadsheet. It makes it easier for Google Analytics users to access, visualize, share, and manage their data. With this add-on you can:
- Query and report data from multiple Google Analytics views.
- Combine data from other sources.
- Include custom calculations into your reports.
- Base reports on relative date ranges e.g. last week, this year vs last year.
- Create graphs and reports that you can embed in any HTML page (e.g. your intranet).
- Schedule your reports to update automatically.
This first video introduces the add-on.
This second video goes more deeply into creating a dashboard (without writing code).
If you are not up to speed on Google Analytics, dashboards is one of the topics we cover in our regular face-to-face Google Analytics Training.