There are several ways that you can get your SEO and PPC to help each other and optimise for better results. Here are 3 of them.
1. Use pay per click (PPC) adverts to more quickly test which keywords are best for your business. Doing this by just using search engine optimisation techniques can be both time consuming and expensive, especially if you are outsourcing your copy/article writing. Why not test a longer list of keywords with a PPC campaign using Yahoo Search Marketing (rather than Google AdWords)? There are two reasons why I suggest Yahoo:
- they will probably be cheaper that Google
- they’re demands for the landing page perfection are significantly less than Google’s.
Run a PPC campaign to establish the best keyword terms prior to implementing an SEO campaign.
2. SEO tends to attract a wider range of search terms and by studying your website logs/analytics you can uncover lucrative keyword combinations that you won’t find elsewhere which you can then run PPC campaigns against.
3. If you improve the SEO for specific keywords on your best landing pages and tick all of the quality score criteria, this should reduce the cost-per-click price of those keywords. If, in the process, you can get a page to rank well in the organic listing for an expensive keyword, then you may even be able to switch your PPC spend and focus it on other keywords.
Are there other ways you’ve come across that these 2 traffic methods can help each other?