These search engine optimisation tips are considered to be the bedrock of good Search Engine Optimisation. By following these you will find that you will begin to get your pages ranking well in the Google search results. They are a simple set of steps and if followed will improve your existing results.
Your SEO may be failing because you are missing one of these vital steps?
Google has made it much easier to get a page to rank high when people search for it as long as you follow some basic steps. These Search Engine Optimisation Tips describe three basic steps you need to be taking to stand a chance of success.
3 Search Engine Optimisation Tips to follow
Step 1: Choose single keywords for each page you want to optimise
If you focus on optimising individual pages for a chosen keyword (rather than your whole website) it will give you a chance of ranking well for that keyword as Google only ranks pages in its index and not websites.
You will need to select your keywords carefully which we cover in this video on choosing the right keywords.
Step 2: Start out by optimising your pages for one Keyword per page.
When you are starting out make sure you optimise your page by putting your chosen keyword in the:-
- URL – If your Content Management System allows you to make your page name the same as (http://yourdomain.com/keyword)
- Body Text (2 – 3 times) – my rule of thumb is include your keyword in the opening and closing sentences and somewhere else in the body text.
- Title tag – this is the HTML tag that controls your page title.
- Meta Description – this is the HTML tag that controls what Google shows in the summary text in their search results.
- Headings on the page – structure your page content so that it includes headings with the html style of heading 1, 2 & 3 or h1, h2 & h3. In each of these three headings you will put your keyword.
- Image Alt tags – Ideally to optimise a page well you should
Step 3: Build Links to a Page to Help it Rank Better in the Index.
Build inbound links from sites such as industry forums and directories, industry news sites, article sites i.e. (eZineArticles, articledashboard, buzzle, articlesbase), press releases, industry specific blogs (write a guest post or make a comment)
Want to learn more? Watch 5 free SEO training introduction videos now about how to get started with your SEO.
Want More Search Engine Optimisation Tips?
If you’d like more Search Engine Optimisation tips and indeed like to get other digital marketing tips that you can implement in your business, then please sign up for our weekly tip email to the right.